ACT Protection Series
IntroductionThe ACT Protection series is a range of disinfection products that provide long-lasting protection against a wide range of bacteria and viruses. In short, the products consist of a polymer and a disinfectant agent which bind to a given surface where the product encapsulates and eliminates bacteria, viruses and other microbes. In this way, microbes are controlled without the use of harmful chemicals or antibiotics. The product provides extremely effective protection against bacteria, airborne mold spores and viruses, such as influenza.
Conventional disinfection vs. long-term disinfection
Conventional disinfection products only work until they evaporate, which often is within minutes. After this, microbes can flourish again.
An illustration of how conventional disinfection products work, BBC TV’s Trust Me, I’m a Doctor has shown the limitations of conventional disinfection products.
This underlines the need for long-term disinfection products such as the ACT Protection series.
In the video where BBC tested the effect of conventional disinfection wet wipes, Dr. Dover tells TV hostess and surgeon Gabriel Weston: “In all cases, there was bacterial and fungal growth after one hour.”
The effect of the antibacterial wipes is so limited, in fact, that Dr. Dover says he would expect to find traces of harmful microbes after just two minutes.
The contamination progresses as time passes. After just 12 hours, one of the test plates is completely covered in fungi.
No matter how well an antimicrobial product has disinfected a surface, the bacteria, yeasts, and airborne mold spores, which are everywhere in the environment, begin to regrow almost immediately.
Unlike conventional disinfecting products that vaporise within minutes after application, our ACT Protection series offers long-term protection against microbes, including bacteria, viruses, algae, and airborne mold spores.
ACT Hand Protect
Long-lasting protection for the skin
- Effective protection from microbes for a minimum of 3 hours
- Without alcohol – does not dry out skin
- Without allergens
- Suitable if water is unavailable
- Also available as ACT Hand Protect Soap
ACT Fabric Protect
Long-lasting protection for textiles
- Anti-microbial textiles for 10 days
- 100,000,000 times more effective in the removal of certain microbes such as Spores of Clostridium sporogenes ATCC 19404
compared to regular laundry detergents*
- Use for bed linens, clothing and hygiene masks for enhanced protection against infections and cross-contamination
- Use for cleaning cloths and mops for an anti-microbial result
* Determination of germ reduction in washing procedures with a laundry additive, WFK-Institut für angewandte Forschung Gmbh, 2010
ACT Surface Protect
Long-lasting protection for surfaces
- Effective protection against all microbes for 14 days after application
- Can be applied to all surfaces
- Available as a spray or as wet wipes
- Approved for use on surfaces with direct food contact
Learn more about ACT Protection– learn more about the chemistry behind the ACT Protection series
ACT ECA System
Cleaning with water and salt
ACT Consulting and Monitoring
ACT.Globals service offering
Sign up for ACT Latest News
Protection and Reassurance to Employees ...
Read more on how we helped a major danish firm